Monday, April 11, 2011

{Famous Cheddar Cheese Biscuits Everybody Loves}

There is a barbeque restaurant in town that serves the BEST little cheese biscuits! They bring them out warm with honey butter. I always promise myself that I'm going to eat just one, but I always break that promise. I was eating at this restaurant the other day with a friend and she happened to mention that she had the recipe for these biscuits. I told her I had to have it and she sent it to me on Facebook, of course. So...I'm going to try this recipe today and I'm going to let you watch. We'll see if it's the "real" recipe.

Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
3/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 c. milk
1 egg, beaten
4 Tb. butter, melted
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

~Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

'

~ Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Set aside.
~Whisk eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla together.
~ Pour wet ingredients over dry and gently stir.


~ Add cheese and stir gently.
~Spray muffin tin with Pam.


~ Divide batter evenly.
~ Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

 

These biscuits wouldn't be the same without honey butter, so I made some while they were baking. I used softened butter and a little honey. It turned out pretty good. I'll have to test it on a biscuit in a few minutes! Can't wait to see how they turn out!


Here they are! They look exactly the same!
Let's see if they taste the same!


I am on my fourth biscuit right now and they do taste
just the same! I guess I'll skip lunch today!

I'm so happy to have this recipe and it is the "real" recipe!

You have to try these!

No comments: